Town of Wadena
Tag – A – Bag Program
Residents and businesses of the Town can purchase Garbage Tags at the Wadena Town Office at a cost of $1.00/tag
Tag-a-Bag Program Policies
- Each Garbage tag is good for one standard 77L garbage bag or can. This is a standard size green or black garbage bag (26″x30″) or standard 15-20 gallon plastic or aluminum can.
- Each bag must have a tag stuck to it. Once you have tied the garbage bag, wrap the tag around the bag just above the knot.
- If you are using a garbage can, the tag must be stuck on the top item in the garbage can. You only need one tag for each standard can, however, the tag must be stuck to the top item in the can. The tag must be easily visible.
- Maximum weight is 20kgs or 40lbs. This is the maximum weight that the Town of Wadena employees are allowed to lift. If you have more weight, use 2 or more bags or cans. However, each bag or can must have a tag.
- If you haul your own garbage to the landfill site, you can cut the tag in half on the “cut line”. Wrap 1/2 of the tag around the bag.
- If a bag or can does not have a garbage tag, it will not be picked up by the Town of Wadena.
Central Regional Landfill Hours of Operation
Monday, Thursday, Saturday
April 1 – October 31: 9:00 am – 7:00 pm
November 1 – March 31: 9:00 am – 5:00 pm
For More Information Contact the Landfill during Hours of Operation at 338-8722