The Town of Wadena has been closely monitoring the impact of COVID-19. The health, safety, and wellbeing of our employees, members of the public, and the community are our top priorities.
We are taking the following steps to reduce the risk of transmission to employees, members of the public and our community:
- Town-operated facilities including Wadena Recreation Centre, Wadena Community Legion Hall, and the Wadena Fitness Centre are closed until further notice. All programs operating out of these facilities are suspended.
- The Town Office is closed to the public until further notice; however, staff are available to help by phone 306-338-2145 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Payments for property taxes, utility bills, and accounts receivable can be made through online banking, the Town’s website, by credit card over the phone, pre-authorized debit or credit, or by mailing cheques.
The Town of Wadena will provide updates to these precautionary measures as they become available and will post them to our website, townofwadena.com. Residents are encouraged to sign up for Alerts and News Flashes from the Town of Wadena for timely and targeted public safety messages.
We encourage all residents to visit saskatchewan.ca/coronavirus for the current provincial guidelines and latest information regarding COVID-19. Some tips for prevention include:
- Wash hands often with soap and water
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth with unwashed hands
- Avoid large crowds and practice social distancing
- Stay home when sick
Monitor your health for cough, fever and difficulty breathing and call 811 for direction if these symptoms develop.
Reach out to those most vulnerable including those aged 65 and over, with compromised immunity systems or underlying medical conditions or those in self-isolation via phone or social media.
Those that are self-isolating, immune compromised or just need a helping hand, Wadena Co-op Food Store and Wadena Drugs offer delivery service and can be contacted directly. For any other concerns, please contact the Town Office at 306-338-2145.
Every organization, business and person can play a role in helping keep us all safe. Responding most effectively will take a whole community approach.
Town of Wadena Mayor & Council