By-Law Enforcement

Wadena by-law enforcement uses ordinances designed to assist in gaining compliance on by-law violations that affect the quality of life and appearance of the town. Through community outreach, education, and enforcement this helps Wadena residents and businesses maintain a beautiful town. The by-law enforcement officer spends time ensuring our corridors, neighborhoods, and commercial properties are neat, clean, and that Wadena residents and business owners are following town by-laws. Citizens are encouraged to report violations when they see them. Major violations include:

  • Fences
  • High Grass and Weeds
  • Junk Motor Vehicles
  • Outside Storage
  • Oversized Vehicles
  • Parking on Grass
  • Signs
  • Trash and Debris
  • Trash Out Early
  • Zoning Violations
  • Dog and Cat Bylaw Violations

Filing Complaints

In our ongoing effort to provide the highest level of service delivery, we encourage input from citizens and visitors to the Town of Wadena. The following guidelines will help us help you in resolving complaints and solving problems.

Requests for Animal Control or Parking Enforcement may be made directly to the Town of Wadena at 306-338-2145.

Residents and visitors in the Town of Wadena may submit a by-law complaint concerning the following through the Community Development Services Department at (306) 338-9865 or (306) 338-2145 during business hours:

  • Manufactured home communities (Mobile Home Parks) for trash and debris, outside storage, illegal land use, high grass and weeds, junk or abandoned motor vehicles, required set backs, general condition of premises, or individual manufactured home lots.
  • Minimum housing for apartments, hotels and motels, and single-family dwellings
  • Property Code issues such as trash and debris, illegal land use, outside storage, junk or abandoned vehicles, high grass and weeds, parking on grass, or general condition of the premises.
Required information will include:

  • Location or Address of Violation
  • Name of Business, Company, or Property
  • Nature of Violation
  • The complainant's name and contact information.
Written complaints may be faxed to (306) 338-3804 or mailed to:

Town of Wadena
Attn: Community Development Services Department
Box 730
Wadena, SK 
S0A 4J0

or by email to:

In order to follow through with bylaw enforcement, all complaints must be provided in writing in hard copy, by fax, or by email. The Town will not accept anonymous complaints or complaints made verbally.

Nuisance, Zoning, Licensing & Permitting Enforcement

Jennifer Taylor
Director of Community & Economic Development

Animal Control

Andy Labdon

Pest Control & Other

Bert Hunt